OrthAlign, Inc., a Smart Technology, growing medical device company, has an immediate opening for a R & D Buyer responsible for developing purchasing strategies for components, materials, and services that meet our development timelines while ensuring quality standards and competitive pricing. This role is responsible for sourcing for New Product Development, and creating, managing, and maintaining purchase orders including monitoring the delivery of materials and services to support New Product development. The R & D Buyer will work closely with the R & D Engineering team to source new and alternate components and suppliers based upon essential R & D and Production needs. The R & D Buyer will create and implement a Purchase Requisition pathway for all new components.
- Source new suppliers based on R&D development and New Product needs
- Collaborate with different organizational teams for New Products
- Perform other related duties as assigned in a timely manner
- Create, place, and manage Purchase Orders for New Product development
- Experience developing and communicating purchasing strategies
- Proven track record establishing long-term vendor relationships with pricing negotiation
- Experience working as a collaborative member with Development
- Strong proficiency using MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude with appropriate urgency and tenacious follow-up
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as independently
- Excellent attention to detail, producing high quality output appropriate to broader context
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applies sound judgment when making decisions and communicating with peers and management
- Experience with Expandable ERP
- Two (2) years of experience in medical device industry strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced high-growth environment
- Innovative products
- Awesome benefits
- Great coworkers
- An evolving, engaging culture and workspace
It is an exciting time at OrthAlign - make your next career move with us!
*Unable to provide any Sponsorship at this time.