OrthAlign, Inc., a Smart Technologies, growing medical device company, has an immediate opening for a Embedded Systems Engineer responsible for the design, development and validation of electronic modules and embedded software for OrthAlign products. This is a challenging role comprised of a broad range of responsibilities. You will be working in the engineering and operations department to continually improve our cutting edge, portable, surgical navigation system product line. You will be providing support for the implementation of new features while at the same time providing ongoing support for released rapidly growing product lines. As new features are added and as improvements are defined from field failures investigations, you will be asked to investigate, define and develop overall solutions. Solutions to field issues could be to improve the design, support electrical improvements, or changes to manufacturing procedures.
- Identify and implement new designs and design improvements for OrthAlign products
- Implement software and firmware changes and design improvements into OrthAlign products
- Document engineering work in compliance with OA's Quality System
- Assesses failure modes and conducts technical risk analysis of field product issues
- Provide engineering support for ongoing production
- 2+ years experience in embedded systems product development environment
- Your BS degree in Electrical or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with C code development on microprocessors and DSPs. Atmel ARM and ADI Sharc experience (Required)
- Experience debugging software bug and electronics reliability issues (Required)
- Experience drafting software requirements and performing software verification and validation activities (Preferred)
- Experience writing and debugging top level source code (Required)
- Low level analysis of microprocessor I/O including peripheral timing, sensor interfaces, SPI, I2C, RAM and display interfaces, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude with appropriate urgency and tenacious follow-up
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as independently
- Excellent attention to detail, producing high quality output appropriate to broader context
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applies sound judgment and critical thinking when making decisions
- Takes initiative in leadership
- ISO and GMP experience (Preferred)
- Innovative products
- Awesome benefits
- Great coworkers
- An evolving, engaging culture and work space
It is an exciting time at OrthAlign - make your next career move with us!
NOTE - We are unable to provide any form of sponsorship at this time.