OrthAlign, Inc., a Smart Technology, growing medical device company, has an immediate opening for a V&V Software Engineer to evaluate design specifications and design changes for medical devices. This position also produces and executes (or directs execution of) test procedures and reports the results.
- Perform manual testing of medical devices with embedded software. Testing includes but is not limited to:
- Testing via the device User interface
- Remote testing via wireless communication interfaces
- Perform Integration Testing
- Quickly learn to use specialty test equipment.
- Log defects and issues found during V&V activities and track to closure.
- Prioritize project tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining quality of work.
- Work in a team environment; peer review work.
- Develop test plans, test procedures, trace matrices, and test reports.
- Perform regression analysis and determine testing associated with design changes.
- Learn from and adhere to internal quality manual (Quality System Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms).
- 3 years of direct experience in medical device software testing MUST HAVE
- BS/BA degree
- Skilled in the quality assurance testing of mobile and/or real-time embedded software systems
- Familiarity with software development approaches such as Agile (preferred)
- ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (preferred)
- Strong proficiency using MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude with appropriate urgency and tenacious follow-up
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as independently
- Excellent attention to detail, producing high quality output appropriate to broader context
- Flexibility and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applies sound judgment when making decisions and communicating with peers and management
- Innovative products
- Awesome benefits
- Great coworkers
- An evolving, engaging culture and work space
It is an exciting time at OrthAlign - make your next career move with us!