OrthAlign, Inc., a Smart Technology, growing medical device company, has an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Manager responsible for leading the SIOP function, creating, managing, and maintaining the production schedule, and developing procurement purchasing plan. This includes monitoring the delivery of materials and services to support the production schedule and production planning activities. Other responsibilities include interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, managing inventory levels (Kanban), supporting product level revisions, sourcing, supply risk management, supplier management and supporting other business functions as required. This role has no direct reports.
- Lead monthly SIOP process, working closely with Sales/Marketing. Establish monthly build schedule based on SIOP demand. Coordinate production workflow for multiple products. Plan, schedule and create work orders for production per SIOP demand. Monitor the movement of materials through the manufacturing process keeping production on track. Investigate delays and adjust processes accordingly.
- Plan and execute Kanban levels based on SIOP. Monitor Kanban levels to ensure timely fulfillment. Manage suppliers and communicate priorities based on SIOP demand. Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by SIOP demand and build schedule. Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials. Proactively drive supplier related issues to closure. Assist all departments in forwarding quote requests to existing suppliers for materials and services and qualify new suppliers.
- Develop strategic models to identify inventory level optimization, standard cost strategies, and supplier scoring. Strategize and develop models to track, improve and give visibility to all aspects Operations. Drive and support annual productivity improvements such as cost reductions and other supply chain objectives. Identify process bottlenecks/constraints and implement solutions that prevent repeat events. Create purchase order plan for the procurement of raw materials, finished assemblies, services, engineering materials, sales materials, etc. Create supplier report cards and convert the data to improve supplier performance. Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including utilizing data to anticipate and recommending solutions, resources and alternate supply options Perform other related duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supply chain/procurement/planning in a manufacturing environment
- The opportunity to put your hard-earned BS/BA degree in Supply Chain/Business Management/Operations to work
- Experience with forecast modeling is a MUST
- Experience with master scheduling
- Excellent attention to detail, producing high quality output appropriate to broader context
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods
- Extensive experience identifying essential metrics, capturing/reporting metrics, using data for process improvements
- Strong proficiency using MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- To be results-oriented, positive “can-do” attitude with appropriate urgency and tenacious follow-up
- To have the ability to work as a collaborative team member as well as independently
- To be able to use Crystal Reports and convert data to Excel spreadsheets
- Strong proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookups, etc.) with enough expertise to perform purchasing/planning/inventory analysis
- Sound judgment when making decisions and communicating with peers and management
- Two (2) years of experience in medical device industry (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Experience with Expandable Software (highly desired)
- To possess excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced/high growth environment
- Innovative products
- Awesome benefits
- Great coworkers
- An evolving, engaging culture and work space
It is an exciting time at OrthAlign - make your next career move with us!